Saturday, July 27, 2013

Action Research Project

I would like to research how the communication between the teacher and the parent could be enhanced by using Facebook and Edmodo. I'm specifically looking at an elementary setting. We all know the importance of communication but with time constraints on both the parents and the teacher, it doesn't always happen. Some teachers might be reluctant to use Facebook because of privacy concerns. I previously thought that using Edmodo might not really work for elementary and I thought that Facebook might take more time than it's worth. I feel like all of the teachers on my campus will benefit from my research because I will be able to share what really worked. I also think I can share what I find out with the staff development director for our district. I will be working with her next summer on a different project, but this information would fit right in with what we are doing with some technology and I would be able to share with teachers from other schools. The parents would also benefit from my research because it will enable them to keep informed of what's happening in their child's class on a regular basis. I will benefit because the research will hopefully give me two more ways to truly show what's going on in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment